Feb 14, 2012

dreams do come true....(blog title)

In my context, it's NOT a cheesy Disney slogan....

In early 2001, after years of infertility struggles and disappointments, Greg and I questioned if we'd ever become parents.

My mom, knowing our heartache, gave me a beautiful picture frame with the inscription, "dreams do come true". She believed...one day this frame would hold our precious baby's photo.

This small gift had such an amazing and emotional impact on me. I tucked it away, praying she was right.

By September, 2001 we were the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy through the miracle of adoption. Sam's photo was prominently displayed in that frame and was a constant reminder of our faithful journey to parenting.

The frame is stored away in one of Sam's MANY keepsake boxes and still holds his newborn photo.

These 4 little words....dreams do come true.....have remained with me throughout each of our four miraculous and faithful adoptions. I do believe....(but, I also cry at Disney World...maybe it's not so cheesy after all!).

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment