Today, my 45th birthday (soooo sad) and the eve of our journey to Lucy Mei, has been emotional.
My heart is overflowing with gratitude and appreciation for the countless blessings in my life.
* My partner in life, my best friend, my biggest supporter - my sweet husband. After 17 years, he still makes me laugh every day. He is the world's best dad and his genuine excitement and enthusiasm for Lucy Mei makes my heart smile. :)
* My 4 beautiful, talented, spirited children, each with amazing hearts. Their love makes me happy, their hearts make me proud. Far from perfect, they are each special little souls.
* My children's birth parents....in Heaven and on Earth. Those we know and treasure, and those we'll never meet. Each one made me a Mom, and helped create our family.
* My inability to conceive children. Yep. For those readers who may be experiencing the same, please know, I mean this with every ounce of my being. God knew what he was doing. I can't imagine life without my children, these children.
* Our very loving, supportive and understanding families. Your excitement, encouragement and unconditional love for us and our children means more than you'll ever know.
A very special thank you to my parents for graciously agreeing to watch our 4 kiddos during the trip! We couldn't do it without you!
* Friends who are like family. I have been blessed with a circle of friends that I absolutely treasure and adore. We may not hang out as much as we'd like (life, kids, yada, yada...), but I know they're there for me, and our family. I have never taken our relationships for granted.
I received a special gift in the mail yesterday from a dear friend. A friend I have never met. Her name is Jennifer, and we connected through adoption. Someday, I hope to follow her on a similar journey. Her thoughtfulness made me cry and reminded me how treasured true friendships are.
* A job that is way more than a "job". DCM is my 2nd family. I truly love and appreciate going to work every day. I adore my co-workers, their spouses, their children - they are my friends and my extended family. Things happen for a reason. Truly God's blessing.
| Gift from my DCM family: hoping it will offset some of Gramma's "treats" while we're gone! :) |
* Our children's school - the faculty, parents and children. GSCS provides a supportive, loving, nurturing and faithful community - beyond anything I ever hoped for.
* A parish and Church community where the pews are filled with our beloved friends and family. A Church where the leaders and staff are actively involved in our lives, our children's lives and the youth ministry.
* My health and the health of my children, family and friends. Not a day passes that I'm not purposefully thankful for this treasured blessing.
* Last, but not least, I'm humbled and grateful for our beautiful baby girl. Forever in our arms in 72 hours.
We have prayed for this child, indeed.
We have prayed for this child, indeed.
.jpg)
So very excited for you all!!!! Praying for safe and peaceful travels and a heart for Lucy Mei that is open to your love!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for a safe trip kim...beautiful post
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words friend!!
ReplyDeleteJennifer
Good luck. Lucy is adorable.
ReplyDeleteLove
Peyton shake
Beautiful.....just beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are not 45! No way!
ReplyDelete